Saturday, March 13, 2010

Loxar the Spellscarred

Inspiration comes from many places. For me, deviantART is one of them. Recently I was planning an adventure in which I wanted my player to encounter the effects of the Spellplague. I was writing, rewriting and rewriting again, until I stumbled on this picture:


At one, it all became clear. This was Loxar the Spellscarred. She used to be a promising swordmage from the Forgotten Realms,  until one of her adventures brought her to spellplagued land. An unforunate accident caused the scar below her eye.

At first, the effect seemed purely cosmetic. But soon she learned how the scar could give her additional powers, manifesting themselves in all-consuming flames of blue fire. And soon after that, she noticed how the spellscar replaced the memories of her training. Until all her remaining powers revolved around the scar.

Spellscarred people are shunned by society, and Loxar chose a new career. She became a highwayman in the western regions of Cormyr, earning a living by robbing trade-caravans coming from the Thunderpeaks and Sembia.

And so, the encounter wrote itself. Loxar will try to rob my player. Given the fact that she is a very intelligent women without a death wish, the encounter can be run as either a skill challenge or ordinary combat.

I'm very excited to see how my player will react to her...


    1 comment:

    Tourq said...

    I love her, that's an awesome pic. She looks familiar... hmmm

    -Tourq

    Post a Comment